How it all began...

The idea had been circling in my head for years. But the time was right and I could no longer fight the wanderlust that had built up. I bought a 1977 GMC NuWa motor home, threw a solar panel on top and started getting it ready for the open road. My main goal: to wander around North America, catching up with old friends, visiting new places and experiencing things I haven't before. This is my story...

Friday, March 19, 2010

The Playground that Time Forgot



On the outskirts of the small town of Rodeo, NM, I discovered an old playground surrounded by the desert. I've dubbed it "The Playground that Time Forgot". Stella and I played for a bit...and she learned to push me around on the merry-go-round! Well, sorta. She kept trying to jump on me but each time she would push me away and around. Very confusing for her, but totally fun for me!

I really can't believe it's been a month since last I wrote on this
blog. I'm unemployed, yet can't seem to find the time to write a few paragraphs. I guess I just haven't been in a writing mood of late. This is just a quick post, the next one will be a bit longer...

Oh and I came across these two quotes and I thought they were simply perfect considering my adventures. Hope you enjoy!

"They laughed, because she was different"
"She laughed, because they were all the same"

---
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed
by the things that you didn't do than
by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

1 comment:

  1. Wow..that is amazing and how cool! ps: I have that same quote on my blog

    ReplyDelete