How it all began...

The idea had been circling in my head for years. But the time was right and I could no longer fight the wanderlust that had built up. I bought a 1977 GMC NuWa motor home, threw a solar panel on top and started getting it ready for the open road. My main goal: to wander around North America, catching up with old friends, visiting new places and experiencing things I haven't before. This is my story...

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 6 - 8 : Bridges! Santa Fe! Albuquerque! Oh My!



We began our day with a visit to the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge (5th highest in the US) north of Taos, then made our way back south to our final destination for the day: Taos Junction Bridge near Pilar, NM.

We did a little day hike up near the rim in order to get this shot...

But in the morning, we had quite the surprise! Snow! It made for a beautiful drive, though the thought of driving the rig 6 miles down a winding road did not sound like fun to me...

We made our way down to Santa Fe to spend the afternoon, then on to Albuquerque to have dinner with some of Kim's extended family.

The next morning (Day 8 for those still counting) I bade farewell to Kim, my travel partner for the first 8 days of my journey. Thanks Kim for coming along!

No comments:

Post a Comment